Frequently Asked Questions
Northwestern University Updates
Please visit Northwestern's COVID-19 website for updates and announcements.
how to protect yourself & others
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus.
- Required Daily: Individuals that return to campus are required to complete Northwestern's Symptom Tracker, which prompts you to answer a daily symptom questionnaire. You must complete the questionaire each day prior to attending on-campus work, programming or activities, including classes.
- Please visit Northwestern's Health Monitoring website for more information about Symptom Tracker.
- If someone tests positive, Risk Management conducts contact tracing and advises people at risk to self-isolate and possibly to get tested. Pertinent information is sent to the chair of the relevant department(s) who will share the information as they judge best.
- Faculty: Practicum in Foundations of Online Teaching registration.
- Students, Faculty, Staff: We encourage Faculty, Students and Staff to review Northwestern's COVID-19 Information & Key Wellness Support Resources.
- Faculty & Staff: WCAS offers assistance for Alternative Work Arrangements for those who have difficulties returning to campus.
For updates, please visit Northwestern's Global and Domestic Travel website.
updates for researchers
For latest updates from the Office for Research, please visit their website.
Back to top