Declaring a Major/Minor
Weinberg students must officially declare a major before the end of sophomore year.
Here are the steps to declare a major or minor:
- To declare a major download the Declaration Of Major form and fill out the student and major/minor information sections. To declare a minor download the Declaration Of Minor form and fill out the student and major/minor information sections.
- Mac users: Please fill out forms in Adobe Reader or Acrobat rather than Preview. Information filled out in Preview is not retained when the pdf is opened in other applications.
- Adobe Reader is available as a free download: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Fill out the form, remembering to choose a concentration if declaring a major
- Meet with the Director of Undergraduate Studies (remote/virtually) or another department or program adviser to discuss your interests and academic program, and get the form signed.
- The department/program approver should submit the completed and signed declaration form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Further instructions on Weinberg's major declaration form and the process can be found here: https://www.weinberg.northwestern.edu/undergraduate/major-minor/choosing-declaring.html
- Further instructions on Weinberg's minor declaration form and process can be found here: https://www.weinberg.northwestern.edu/undergraduate/major-minor/minor-and-certificate-options/rules-policies.html
Changing your major, minor or concentration is also easy; just submit a new form with the new information.Back to top