Skip to main content


Registration and Courses:

Degree Progress Worksheet

If you would like to register for a class that is already closed or requires a permission number, contact Adrienne Mintz. Not sure which Physics class is right for you? Want to major or minor in Physics and Astronomy? Other questions? Contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies.

Transfer Credit:

If you are already a Northwestern student and would like to get credit for a class you're taking at another university, instructions are here.
For help with credit and placement based on the Physics AP test, contact Dr. Deborah Brown

Undergraduate Research:

Get started at the Office of Undergraduate Research.
Learn more about applying for an Undergraduate Research Grant here. The most common grant among physics students is the Summer Undergraduate Research Grant.
Research opportunities within the Physics Department are posted here.

Beyond Northwestern:

The Northwestern Career Advancement, 620 Lincoln Street, 847-491-3700, provides job and internship search advising to undergraduate students. To schedule an appointment please log in to your CareerCat account by visiting the NCA homepage.
To apply for Fulbrights and other fellowships, visit the Office of Fellowships.

For advice from Current/Former Physics Majors, join the Facebook Group.