Skip to main content

Business Office Resources

The Business Office provides support for research administration, reimbursement approval, procurement and payroll for undergraduate students, graduate students and research staff.

Northwestern University has specific policies regarding these items, and those policies must be followed. Any exceptions must be pre-approved by the Dean’s office.


Please send Business Office order requests for lab equipment and supplies to  Send Center for Fundamental Physics (CFP) orders to Laura Nevins and Jessica Mladineo Each email must have the requisition order form attached. Please include the specifics of your order and verify the chart string with your PI prior to submitting the request.

The University’s Purchasing department strongly encourages ordering from an NU preferred vendor.  Visit their website at for a list of preferred vendor contacts and myHR LEARN through the NU Portal for IBUYNU marketplace ordering instructions.  Please contact Vaso Ventresca at the P & A Business Office or Laura Nevins at CFP with questions regarding procurement.

Expense Reports and Reimbursements

If you have never traveled before, please see your faculty support assistant prior to traveling.

We recommend that all travelers work with your designated faculty support assistant when entering in your report. Please use the “Save for Later” feature so that any errors may be corrected by the Academic Coordinator. Once everything is in order, you will receive an email requesting electronic certification of the report. To keep your receipts organized, we recommend Expensify


For all payroll issues, please see the Business Office. Graduate students and research staff are paid on the last business day of each month. If you need to make adjustments to your withholding, please submit your updated tax forms to the Payroll Office at 720 University Place. Please notify the Business Office of any changes in your employment or registration status.

Back to top