Program Assistant 2
Provides a variety of clerical & administrative support which may include drafting & typing letters, reports, charts, graphs, etc. using word processing, spreadsheet, database, &/or presentation software; basic bookkeeping; screening calls & visitors; preparing agendas & making arrangements including travel, etc. for meetings & special events; &/or managing supervisor's &/or dept calendar. Website updating and advertising of seminars, colloquium, and special events. Provides backup assistance for expense reimbursements.
Documents & Databases
- Prepares manuscripts, scientific, technical &/or statistical documents.
- Proofs for spelling & grammar.
- Enters information into spreadsheets &/or databases.
- Creates equations.
- Compiles routine reports, statistics, tables, charts, etc. from readily available information.
- Assists with compiling documents for faculty promotion cases.
- Assists with key distribution and tracking.
- Coordinates content maintenance and updates of websites &/or blogs.
- Trains &/or assists faculty &/or staff in updating their websites &/or blogs.
- Maintains social media for department and other advertising.
- Verifies income &/or expense.
- Enters, tracks, & maintains documentation & logs of financial transactions.
- Ensures that charges have posted to appropriate accounts.
- Assists with reconciliation of accounts.
- Investigates & resolves discrepancies.
- Completes routine payroll actions.
- Processes a limited variety of routine HR transactions.
- Provides information on HR policies & procedures.
- Coordinates supervisor's &/or dept calendar.
- Coordinates registration weekly department seminars & guest speaker travel.
- Coordinates events which may include scheduling rooms &/or guest speaker & arranging for routine materials, technology & refreshments, advertising and promotion (web-based and posters).
- Coordinates space survey.
- Provides information via phone, e-mail, mail, etc.
- Represents supervisor in routine/standard situations with various levels of personnel both internally & externally.
- Assists with advising students of major/minor requirements.
- Assists with travel and events/seminars associated with student recruitment.
- Interprets existing policies & procedures; etc.
- Coordinates work of temporary/work-study students, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent along with 2 years of administrative support experience is required.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Intermediate knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and database software programs is required.
- Cascade, website editing
- Power Point
- Adobe photoshop editor and related
- Event or marketing experience
How to apply:
External applicants can visit Northwestern's Career Website and use the following information to begin applying:
- Job ID: 45146
- Location: Evanston, Illinois