Undergraduate Program Assistant
Support all aspects of the Undergraduate program, including administrative support to the Director of Undergraduate Studies. This position provides support to instructional faculty and undergraduate students, including submitting quarterly course schedule via CLSS, assisting with teaching schedule planning, and providing general office support. Assist undergraduate students with advising, registration help, and inquiries.
Provides assistance to faculty, students, and visitors to the Dearborn Observatory.
- Assists faculty &/or staff in updating their websites &/or blogs.
- Coordinates supervisor's &/or dept calendar.
- Coordinates registration & travel.
- Coordinates events which may include scheduling rooms &/or guest speaker & arranging for routine materials, technology & refreshments.
- Schedule reservations for Dearborn Observatory tours.
- Coordinate the calendar for telescope assistants.
- Provide assistance with facilities management for Dearborn Observatory, including requesting service and keys and maintaining supplies.
- Support biweekly and monthly seminars, as assigned, including speaker schedules, travel, advertising, and setup.
- Assist in submitting the quarterly course schedule via CLSS, submitting general purpose classroom requests, and proofing course schedules each quarter. Manage requests for classroom changes.
Update course schedules on department website and bulletin boards.
- Support teaching faculty with basic tasks related to teaching such as copying and alphabetizing exams and running Scantron grading.
- Each quarter, solicit textbook orders and course descriptions from faculty; order textbooks from University bookstore. Order desk copies as requested.
- Solicit course description updates from faculty and course catalog in CAESAR.
- Guides students through admissions process.
- Advises students of major/minor requirements.
- Reviews student files/records for academic progress & referral.
- Support all aspects of the undergraduate program including administrative support to the Director of Undergraduate Studies.
- Correspond with students to advise on major and minor requirements, lab requirements, office hours, and permission numbers.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Along with 2 years of administrative support experience is required.
How to apply:
External applicants can visit Northwestern's Career Website and use the following information to begin applying:
- Job ID: 39880
- Location: Evanston, Illinois