Program Assistant 3
Coordinates administrative processes and prioritizes, directs, and responds to business matters involving administrative functions associated with education, research, and/or operations. Creates and maintains associated documents, spreadsheets, databases, meetings, special events, etc. and alerts supervisor of critical issues and upcoming events.
- This position provides a variety of financial and administrative support to the department faculty, to include preparing agendas, communications, and financial documents. Maintains timely and effective communication with faculty and works closely with the Academic Office Coordinator to ensure a high level of service to department faculty.
- Maintains websites and/or blogs.
- Creates new web pages and/or updates standard information/data within the application’s content management program.
- Provide routine financial support to research groups, including expense reports for postdocs and graduate students, as assigned.
- Assist faculty with purchasing by entering orders in iBuyNY.
- Prepares forms.
- Verifies appropriateness and accuracy of charges.
- Processes expenses.
- Processes routine payroll actions.
- Manages supervisor's and/or dept calendar.
- Manages registration and travel.
- Organizes and coordinates events which may include creating timelines.
- Also includes assisting Academic Coordinator in planning and executing special events, managing budget, ordering supplies, coordinating publicity and advertising. And, assist faculty in planning conferences and workshops.
- Coordinates itineraries involving domestic and/or international travel, etc.
- Prepares annual event, conference and/or meeting budget.
- Faculty Affairs: Assist in coordination and support of all aspects of faculty search, promotion and tenure cases and in maintenance of faculty files. Provide general support for faculty affairs, such as collecting vita supplements.
- Screens and prioritizes incoming calls.
- Includes walk-in correspondence.
- Responds to inquiries.
- Provides basic interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Researches information to resolve problems or issues.
- Schedule use of department conference rooms. Contact faculty on quarterly basis to arrange scheduling of group meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required
- 4 years of administrative support or other relevant experience required.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Intermediate knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and database software programs is required
How to apply:
External applicants can visit Northwestern's Career Website and use the following information to begin applying:
- Job ID: 40455
- Location: Evanston, Illinois