Provides day-to-day financial & accounting support using an advanced knowledge of applicable skills, methods & practices & some innovation, analysis, & reasoning to choose appropriate alternatives from among pre-defined policies & procedures to complete work that includes successive steps & involves some non-routine problems &/or decisions. Applies industry and professional standards, university policy and procedure, federal and state laws and other regulations. Provides support by maintaining data for spending plans, post-award management of grants.
- Maintains & tracks faculty and budget accounts.
- May assist with annual budget process including tasks associated with the open/close processes.
- Creates and maintains spreadsheets, templates & forms; monitors submissions.
- Completes reconciliation procedures.in accordance with best practices and SAP.
- Creates summary reports.
- Completes & maintains transactions in enterprise systems.
- Provides review and oversight of all types of financial transactions some of which may be complex in regard to size or duration of account.
- Reviews; ensures approval based on alternatives regarding practice & policy.
- Troubleshoots problems.
- Reconciles procurement card transactions weekly and monthly.
- Prepares and delivers bank deposits and requests wire transfers as needed.
- Provides financial policy interpretation to determine the validity of customer requests & ensure compliance.
- Enters information into database.
Grants &/or Awards:
- Provides assistance regarding post-award management of grants, including monthly reconciliation.
- Completes post award accounting.
- Proactively provides information when necessary in support of modifying grant budgets.
- Assist with grant close-out by providing relevant financials.
- Approves expenditures on travel, consulting &/or equipment, along with various forms, such as Intra Institutional Vouchers, Requests for Accounting Corrections, the Research Assistant and Scholarship Appointments, &/or payroll adjustments, in accordance with granting agency guidelines & University policies & procedures.
- Verifies payroll funding entries.
- Corrects charges to various accounts.
Appointments & Visas, Funding:
- Processes appointments and funding for grad students, research staff, work study students, and temp non/student workers. Serve as Kronos backup.
- Maintains appointment and payroll/tuition/quarter spreadsheets. Reconciles funding bi-weekly or monthly, as appropriate.
- Alerts supervisors and/or PIs when appointments are expiring or if funding issues arise.
- Department expert on visas and visa-related issues affecting appointments.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- 3 years accounting &/or bookkeeping experience or the equivalent combination of education & experience.
How to Apply:
External applicants can visit Northwestern's Career Website and use the following information to begin applying:
- Job ID: 40724
- Location: Evanston, Illinois